Allowances aren’t about money. Allowances are about parenting.
Provide the Financial Education Your Kids Need
Help them develop the essential life-skill of money management
- Create a plan for your kids and works with your family values
- Use allowances in a homeschooling setting to complement financial literacy classes
- Provide continuing hands-on experience from pre-school through high school
- Power to control their own money.
- Ability to manage age-appropriate expenses
- Independence in making decision and accepting the results
- Transferring money control to your kids so they assume responsibility for managing their money
- Requiring young kids to track every transaction in the no-cash allowance account, creating a money trail
- Initiating money conversations because money is now a neutral topic
- Helping them establish accounts in financial institutions as they get older
LATEST BLOG POSTS FROM THE NO-CASH ALLOWANCE
Whether your kids’ future includes homeschooling or not, there is one topic best taught in the home. Allowances make the perfect subject for homeschooling. And the most qualified person to teach your kids about money is you. Teach? Finances? To my kids? No way. What...
If you are a parent or grandparent, what are you doing today to prepare the next generation in your family? Are you providing opportunities for your children to learn how to manage money and be responsible for their decisions? Are you starting when they are...
Kids’ money education starts earlier than you think. Take some advice from Warren Buffett. Start early. How early? Pre-school.
Parents! Check out Mom’s Choice Awards for great articles. Maybe sign up for their informative newsletter. Click here to read my blog: Using Allowances to Teach Life Skills. The Mom’s Choice Awards® The Mom’s Choice Awards® (MCA) evaluates products and services...
Do we really think that giving kids an allowance prepares them to manage money as an adult? How can we help our kids avoid money pitfalls awaiting them as adults? Here’s a dire warning for parents. Parents, if you don’t teach personal finance lessons to your kids,...
Teaching financial education to your kids may not be high on your curriculum plans while homeschooling. Maybe it sounds too complicated. Maybe you’re not a financial guru. But you are a parent. You need a successful homeschooling money strategy you can use with your...